One of the most successful and passionate sports cities in America, Dallas is home to five world-class, top-level professional sports franchises:
- The five-time Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys play their home games at the 85,000-seat capacity AT&T Stadium in Arlington
- The 2011 NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks play their home games at the 19,200-seat American Airlines Center.
- The 1999 Stanley Cup Champion Dallas Stars also play the American Airlines Center
- Back-to-back AL Pennant winners (2010-11) Texas Rangers play their home games at the 48,114-capicity Global Life Park in Arlington
- 2010 MLS Cup runners-up FC Dallas, formerly the Dallas Burn, play in the 20,500-seat soccer-specific Toyota Stadium in Frisco
Collegiate-level athletics in the Dallas-Fort Worth region draw considerable passion from the local population, as well. Texas Christian University in Forth Worth, Southern Methodist University in University park and the University of North Texas all field competitive teams in a variety of sports year-round.